- Excl. VAT
- Inc. VAT
Ratings Terms & Conditions
1. Rating products After you have purchased your product, you may submit a review and rate the product that you purchased. You can rate a product by clicking on the “Write a Review” link on the product page. Please then follow the instructions on screen to submit a review to the Website.
Please consider the following guidelines when writing your review:
• Focus on the product and its features.
• Describe the best and worst features of the product. What did you like or dislike.
• Keep it concise, informative, and easy for other customers to read – keep it relevant to the product.
We display both positive and negative reviews. However, all content is moderated from time to time to ensure it is appropriate for publication. There will therefore be a delay between you submitting your review and it appearing on the website. We may in our absolute discretion accept or reject any product review which may be submitted to us and we may edit any such review for both length and/or content as we see fit.
To ensure your review can be published please avoid including:
• Personal information – please protect your identity by not including full name, contact details or email address.
• Prices, delivery, offers, or links.
• Mentions of other companies or websites.
• Obscene language, personal insults, or unhelpful content.
• Customer service issues or safety concerns; please contact us for an immediate response.
• We do not publish reviews in foreign languages.
Please note that by submitting a review you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right not to publish your review should these Terms and Conditions be violated, or for any other reasons in our entire discretion. It is not possible for you to edit/remove your review after submission. However, if you wish to have your review removed, you can contact our Customer Services team.
2. Ownership of content By submitting a review to www.screwfix.ie you grant Screwfix and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such review throughout the world in any media; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such review. You acknowledge that Screwfix may choose to provide attribution of your comment or review at our discretion. You further grant Screwfix the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Screwfix’s rights in the review.
3. Further Terms and Condition relating to content By submitting a review, you agree that you are solely responsible for your use of the website for submission of the review and you use the website at your own risk. You also agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the website any of the following:
a. Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or any other material (“Material”) that is false, unlawful, misleading, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing or advocates harassment of another person, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
b. Material that is patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
c. Material that would constitute, encourage, promote or provide instructions for a conduct of an illegal activity, criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, violate the rights of any party in any country in the world, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, national or international law;
d. Material that provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
e. Material that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. In particular, content that promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
f. Material that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including Screwfix;
g. Unsolicited promotions, mass mailings or “spamming”, transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations;
h. Material containing any commercial activities and/or sales whatsoever, without our prior written consent;
i. Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name) addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and credit card numbers.
j. Material that contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
k. Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
l. Material that is unrelated to the topic of the review; or m. Material or links to content that, in the sole judgment of Screwfix, (a) violates the above, (b) is objectionable, (c) which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the website, or (d) which may expose Screwfix or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
Screwfix takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any reviews posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Screwfix liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter.
As a provider of interactive services, Screwfix is not liable for any statements, representations or reviews provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or other part of the Website.